> <<
> Battery only, I'm afraid, though you don't have to
> shut down a 1400 to change the drive in the right bay,
> sleeping it before swapping will do fine. >>
>
> I've been told this is an absolute never do under any circumstances no no.
> I've done what you suggested myself, but read not too long ago (a few months
> maybe, either on LEM or an apple discussion board) that you never load a bay
> into the book without shutting down first.  If someone else has an opinion on
> this, please, feel free to prove me wrong, I'm just stating what I've read.

No, you can sleep a 1400 to swap drives. You just can't do it with the
machine up and running, but it doesn't have to be totally shut down either.
It's best, of course, to unmount any CD or floppy in that drive before
sleeping it and taking the drive out.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing. --------------------