I believe that you need an enabler on both machines to load 7.6, or any new
system.  That is a little software program that may be on your cd now.
However, after several experiences, be sure that you run HDSC Setup so that you
update the hd driver.  The system will not load if you don't and you will not
be able to boot from it.  Also, run the disktools and check the hd before you
try to load a system.  Any needed enabler may (and I think, will) load
automatically.  So, first update the driver with hdsc setup, then run disktools
to check out the hard disk, and then do your install and I'll bet it will
work.  If you have tried these, I couldn't tell from your posting.

Dan in AZ