Bill,

    The clock batteries are on the back of the board that has the top to bottom
interface cable on it.  For more info on PowerBook PRAM Battery replacement:
http://www.academ.com/info/macintosh/pbook.shmtl,  For procedures on power manager
reset:  http://www.westwind.com/reference/TN/PMreset.html, for info on
PowerBooks:  http://www.lowendmac.com/ are very good references.

Roger