Bill,

Mine is a PB 280C duo, so I'm not sure if the issues are the same, but it does sound like the PRAM battery to me (performs the same basic function as a CMOS battery on a PC). On the Duo 280, it's two watch-type batteries (I believe they're actually welded together), surrounded in a sheath of plastic, with a couple of wires coming out, if I recall correctly (been a while since I had the Duo open, and I am admittedly far from an expert). On the Duo, seems like it was under the keyboard and close to the hard drive.

HTH,

The Winfidel

From: alienbill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PowerBooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: clock battery prob on 180c & where to find it?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:53:50 -0600

I have a PB180c which appears in fine shape except that the day &
time change constantly before my eyes. Setting Date & Time in Control
Panels seems to have no effect. Would this be a clock/cmos battery
problem?

I have another 180c for parts that I have completely disassembled
looking for something resembling a small battery with no luck. Can
anyone tell me where to find it? My floppy seems to be shot as well,
and I want to reinstall, but would rather not go in more than once so
I'd really like to find this solution soon. Thanks for any input.

bill

__
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SNIP