Can the 500 series be booted from PC cards? Anyone know?

Yes they can but you have to make sure you have the software
for the PCMCIA card cage installed in the system on the flash memory.
Or something like that its been a while since i've done it. I do have the
original disk that came with my rev b card cage and in the read me it
tells how to do it. But anyway yes it can be done on the 500 series.

Louis