Hello Joe,
You have the wrong CD for your unit. OS Install CDs will generally come in
two flavors, retail versions (which recognizes all targeted units as
supported, and will install the OS on any of them), and machine-specific
versions, which are shipped with the unit, and are intended to be used only
for the target unit's model type (these CDs have an OS enabler of sorts in
their system folder that, iirc, communicate with the unit's ROM type to
establish recognition). Your CD is expecting a G3 unit - I am surprised that
you get as far as you do in the install process - most of my colleagues that
have tried your route usually receive an error message just after clicking
the install button.

Cast your net out over the swap-list, requesting a retail version of OS 8.1
to buy.
Best regards,
Dana
On 4/3/04 5:17 PM, Joe of [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent