I read on this list a few months ago that it was possible to network a PB
190 to another Mac via the printer port (I have an Apple Personal
LaserWriter 300 connected to my 7200). I read this with interest because
it seemed an easy way to back up the entire contents of my PB's HD to the
7200, but to do it, the PB in question has to be on OS 7.5.5 or higher.
Since my PB is only on 7.5.2, that's why I decided to do the upgrade. By
"easy," I mean costs no money, involves no computer dissection, I already
have the printer cable obviously, and the only modifications to be made
were changes in AppleTalk and/or FileSharing: I saved the instructions so
I'd have them after the upgrade but don't remember it all off the top of
my head any more).

I've done it before on macs with 7.1, sharing with a powermac via printer cable. As for powerbooks - I did a file transfer a little earlier this evening with my PB190 and an 8100/80 the exact same way, and my 190 is running 7.5.3

It may be well worth turning filesharing on the 7200 with appletalk set to the printer port, and connect the two machines with printer cable - set the PB to appletalk via printer port too, and the 7200 should appear in the chooser.

I've shared from OSX 10.2 to a 7.1 mac the same way, too (with the appropriate settings in OSX to allow appletalk-only filesharing, which is what the older macs can all do by default). Well worth a play :)

dana
--
http://www.danamania.com/