I recently got hold of a 1400/133 with a Sonnet Crescendo 333 mhz G3 card
in it, running OS 8.5.  In general it seems to be running fine, but I am
having two problems.  This post covers Problem #1, namely, that altough
the G3 card seems to be working fine, I can't seem to put the Sonnet
Upgrade extension in the system folder - whenever I do, it causes the
powerbook to freeze during start-up just before the icon parade, i.e.
right when the Sonnet extension is trying to install.

What I've read about this is that without the Sonnet extension the card
still functions but you don't get the L2 cache, which of course is a
problem. I also read that you are supposed to install the extension first,
then install the Crescendo card. If this has something to do with it it's
kind of a problem since I only have the G3 cpu for this 'book, not the
original 133 mhz cpu.

If someone can tell me how to get the extension to work right I'd be most
appreciative.

Bruce - in Orlando
Home of Mackey Mouse