>> and was wondering what
>> the biggest HD (in Gigabytes) that the OS or BIOS can
>> allow.
>
> There is no such thing as a BIOS on a Macintosh.

Well, to split hairs it does at least have firmware or what-have-you.  There's
certainly a boot ROM for every Mac I've ever heard of, and that's essentially what a
BIOS is.

> Also the MacOS versions that run on the 3400c can handle any hd size.
> 80gb if you so desire.

Before anyone gets too excited, the larger the hard drive the larger each slice that
the particular formatting scheme you use will be.  I remember when I stuck a 20 or 40
gigger into my old StarMax 3000 with 8.1 or 8.6 (it's been a while) and even a twenty
byte text file would soak up 144k on the disc or some such.  Now a 143k text file
would also take up 144k (and a 145k file 288k), but the lack of being able to hit the
size spot on is a problem of sorts.

Partitioning can get you around this issue.

So that's just to say that though you'll be able to throw in any hd you wish, there
are some slight limitations that the OS (more properly, the HFS+ format, I suppose)
will impose.

Speaking of IDE drives, what's the largest drive anyone's stuck in a Powerbook 150?
That beast'll take IDE...

Hair splitting for the day over!  ;^)

Ruffin Bailey