are addressed. If you have received this email in error you must delete
it and notify the system manager (e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
Whilst on the subject of Wireless PCMCIA...

I have just bought what was advertised as a Lucent 16-bit ORiNOCO Gold
WaveLAN card.  I had read that this card would work with everything from 7.x
with the official drivers to OS X with some open source drivers.

When the card came I noticed it was labelled on the back as an Agere card -
Agere bought WaveLAN from Lucent IIRC.  It fitted into my 1400 with no
issues, and the usual no drivers so eject thing appeared.  I thought once I
installed the drivers the card would work fine....

...however, I am using OS 8.1, and the latest drivers that I can use are the
version 6 ones by Proxim.  These drivers recognise the card and mounts it on
the desktop as a WLAN PC CARD but I can't actually use the card, and no
lights light up on it.

I have a feeling that if I used the version 7 drivers, the card would work,
but the version 7 drivers need OS 9 or above, I can't use OS 9 as I only
have 20Mb of memory.

I am currently trying to work out how to hack the extension to work with my
card, if I get it done I will post a HOWTO on my web site if anyone is
interested.... (if anyone has hacked drivers already let me know!)

Point of the email - just 'cos you read that the card will work under your
OS, it doesn't mean it will!