Matt,

I have 4 machines with this problem, had a fifth, but it was repaired by replacing the power supply module. I suspect heat is part of the problem, as all of the failed units I have are 200 or 240 mHz machines. A PMU reset is accomplished by removing all power AC and battery (excepting the PRAM battery) and holding the reset button in for at least 30 seconds, this is per the users manual. If this is not effective for more than on restart, try replacing the power supply, if this is ineffective than the logic board has a problem, probably the PMU chip or a secondary controller, have been unable to get the component parts to confirm this.

Roger

Matt Jordan wrote:

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has already been covered but I need some help with my
3400c.

The laptop works flawlessly when plugged in.  It will continue to run if I
pull the plug while the unit is running (switch to battery).  The problem
occurs when I try to wake it up from sleep while it is running on battery
power.  The unit will not boot from battery nor can it be awoke from
sleep.

What causes this and how should I fix it?  I had heard talk that possibly
the power management board was bad and is there any easy way to get one of
these?

Thanks a lot!

Matt