In a message dated 9/25/04 9:31:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I'm not really sure what your point is, I guess that the 'tech' didn't
>know what he was talking about even though he seemed like he did. People
usually
>bash Macs ut of total ignorance and, probably, fear of the unknown.

"Point? There's no point; I'm just trying to illuminate the circumstances we
currently find ourselves in..." (paraphrased from "Casualities of War")

There was no point to my lil' story; just thought I would mention it for
s*its & giggles... . I "switched" back in '82 when I was 15, so it's no surprise
to me when I find those who treat Macs like they are from another reality; even
"tech" experts...

Rather, I mentioned it because of late there has been alot of dicussion of
wiFi'n 1400s, 2400c and 3400c Powerbooks; of course all of those require 16-bit
cards (save SOME 2400c/3400c's... NO FLAMES!  :-D

Also, I have had ex-parte discussions with several listers about WiFi'n their
old Powerbooks. But no, I was just surprised to find out some in the PC world
evidently are interested in using laptops older than 5 years old, and are
trying to get them wireless-enabled... and have NO IDEA where to find 16-bit
wireless cards.

Craig W. (on a 3400c/180 wifi'd by Lucent Orinoco)
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. -- John Fund