Can you reinstall the system?  If so, place the system CD in the cd tray and
hold the "c" key while you start up.  It works on older Macs, but you would
have to do a clean install of a new system.  I think that the cd rom will
work if you hold down the "c" key while booting.   Maybe someone could
enlighten us as to whether that will work on a G3 OSX.

 "With it's cdrom not working, I am unable to startup from cd."

Dan in AZ