On Mar 28, 2005, at 3:32 PM, PowerBooks wrote:
I used my SE30 with 16mb ram n a dialup connection for internet (before I bought my iMac) and that's only 16MHz. the modem was 56k, but I never got that speed in reality. I even had an external color monitor attached. You will probably have to stick to iCab for browsing and Eudora for email. Just turn off the graphics in the browser (only loading if you absolutely have to see something). If you really need to occasionally browse for something that you can't handle with that go to your local library. All libraries are supposed to have internet access available for their patrons now.

From: "Winston Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: PowerBooks <powerbooks@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Re: 1400:
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:16:13 -0600

On Sunday, March 27, 2005, at 09:09 PM, David Sims wrote:
On Mar 27, 2005, at 7:03 PM, Dale Hill wrote:

I have a 1400C with 16 megs of ram. It is to the point that I
can no longer sit at a desk unit - austeoarthritic of the back.
Non-
operable. I live in "podunk" America, and the fastest speed I
can get on the Internet is 26.4, but usually less. Seems to me
that
would be the Max Speed if I used the 1400. It uses 8.5.1 and
I've got 50 megs as virtual memory.  I've have put it on the Net
in the
past, but wasn't serious about it. Tomorrow I have an SSI hearing.

It's pretty stupid to get a faster laptop on my slow connection
speed. Anybody use their 1400 as their major Internet computer.
If >> so,
what browser is advised.

Dale