I know this is probably a stupid question, but is there any way that a DOS-format floppy can be read by a Mac or a Mac floppy read by a Windows machine. I have a lot of files I need to transfer from my Win XP machine to my OS8 machine, but I need to know if floppies will work or if I need to shell out the money for a couple of Zip drives.

Caleb

"One of the deep mysteries to me is our logo, the symbol of lust and knowledge, bitten into, all crossed with the colors of the rainbow in the wrong order. You couldn't dream of a more appropriate logo: lust, knowledge, hope, and anarchy." -Jean Louis Gassee

It has been a long time since i ran 8 . Try to format a floppy. And when the panel comes up giving the format options look for DOS on the scroll button.

--
Adrian