John Perry writes,

<I'm still trying to figure out how to get 7.5.5 loaded so I'll be fully
up to date before having to buy OS upgrades.  Neither 7.6 nor 8.0 are
available for download, so I'll stick with 7.5.5 for a while, now that I
have a reasonable transfer mode (those 20 floppies were a real pain!). >

You can download the OS 7.5.5 upgrade for free from Apple. Yes, you'll
have to do that PITA floppy crap to get your upgrade done, but I had
moved my 190 from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 to 7.5.5.

I don't know what you're using your 190 for, but maybe you don't really
need to go past 7.5.5. I was able to word process, email, chat (IRC and
AIM) and go on the web (iCAB) with mine on 7.5.5. I suppose if your uses
are more complex than mine (games? music? video?) then maybe you do need
the upgrade. But if your needs are similar to mine, you might be just as
well off staying where you are and not taxing RAM or other resources to
run a higher OS than you really need. Just a thought.  :-)

~Yersinia.