Anyone see this thread as a tad silly . . . errr, no? Hmmmmmmm . . .
right then . . .

I think cutting out the old logo, the new hole being a larger 'upside
down' . . . err, right-side-up logo is the cleanest solution. As for the
'insert' to use in the new larger hole - I've checked all the 'Book
display-back Apple logos from clamshell iBook to 17" AlBook and none are
large enough to cover a WS/Lombard/Pismo's old Apple logo's outline.
Everything I have from dual USB iBook and first gen TiBook up to the revs
A/B 12" and 17" AlBooks are identically sized, but the clamshell's Apple
is the largest of all by a small margin.

Therefore, unless there's some 'Book I've overlooked, one would likely
need to fabricate a new larger Apple insert for that factory look some of
y'all seem to crave.

How about using the Apple logo inserts from the side of a B+W form-factor
desktop? Now there's a statement! Sadly, color choices are limited to
blue and a couple shades of gray. Hmm, I don't have any recent Apple
desktop displays, are any of those logos appropriate?

Just had another (silly) thought or two . . . if one cut out the old
Apple's surround as a circle, one could fab some sort of
spinning/rotating thinga-ma-bob where one could turn the Apple anytime to
any orientation one desired. Now how's that for a complete solution?!?!
<G> Oooooo, oooooo, how about having it motorized somehow, so that it
turns 180 degrees when you open the lid!?!!? And back again when you shut
it?!?!?! Or even just constantly whirls when ever you have the lid
open?!?!? Alright, nobody steal that idea, that's a winner that one is!!
<G>

See, this _is_ a silly thread, I've just ensured its silliness!

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500