Kind of PowerBook? Where id the impact (as best as you can tell) hit? Have you reseated all of the RAM and various cards?

Sincerely,
Pacer the Loon
"I've dropped my PowerBooks numerous times ... which might be why I have numerous PowerBooks.... hmmm..."

Ian Nixon wrote:

Today, I picked up my PowerBook in a bag, and was walking down the stairs, when all of a sudden, I heard a loud "BANG!" on the floor...I hesitated for a moment, and then looked down, and saw the PowerBook on the ground. The lid latch had broken off, but I'm not concerned with that at this moment...

I started it up, and it said that there was a problem with RAM, and it was really sluggish to start up. The only RAM that the PB sees is the 16MB built in to the logic board. I took the keyboard off and reseated the module, but alas, it didn't work. Is there something wrong with just the RAM card or the logic board?

Also, anyone know where I can get a new latch for the display?

Thanks in advance...

Ian