Ian Nixon wrote:

Sorry...Last night, I sent the first copy, and it didn't arrive for about 20 minutes. So I sent the same message again without editing it. It was a PowerBook 3400c.

I'm sorry for not telling it in the first place...I was kind of tired, going to bed at 12:00 AM being up at 5:30 AM yesterday...

Anyway, I have reseated everything. Should I invest in a new RAM card, or investigate further?

Talk to you soon...

Ian

I would doubt that a bang/bop/jar would hurt a ram module. Static yes, bang no unless there is a hairline crack somewhere but with the screen and the keyboard and the padding that is usually between the module and the keyboard (to keep the module from popping out) it seems unlikely that it's the module itself. Where are you? If you could find someone with a 3400, you could swap out the ram pretty quick and check it on another machine. If it's not that then the mobo might be injured. If you are in Toronto, you're in luck.

BM