I want to connect my 520 to my newer machines via ethernet to transfer files. I have a 520 with a PPC upgrade board, running system 7.5.5. I own a transceiver, but I've never used it. I have MACTCP 2.0.6. in the Chooser, I have a choice of LocalTalk, Ethernet, or AOL.

I have an iMac and a PBG4 both running wirelessly to an Airport Extreme, which has an ethernet IN connection (actually WAN and LAN). I also own a Lynksys 8-port router (not wireless) which used to act as a DHCP server for my iMac. I used the Lynksys as a firewall between the iMac and the cable modem and it was serving DHCP to my iMac. I assume that the airport does that for me know, and the Airport is serving DHCP. both my iMac and my PB are receiving wireless signals from the Airport.

My plan had been to connect the iMac directly to the Airport; however, it sounds like I could connect my PB520 there instead. Is this so? If so, could I then transfer files to my newer computers? From what I can find out, I can go old system to X but not the other way around. that's OK.

Do I have the proper control panels to do this. Do I need Open Transport? I don't think it is available in 7.5.5. I don't see anything similar in the control panels.