Thank you for all the ROM info.
Some of you asked about the O/S...it's 8.0  (tells me nothing)

I should  have the quirky power adapter  tomorrow or so....Then I  can
actually use it!!!!

Something I've noticed even without power; the keyboard is full-size and
seems rather comfortable to use.

OS 8 is very good on the PB 1400 you have .But the free download of 8.1 will help.

Someday you may want the features of 8.6 which is even better.

--
Adrian