On Jun 30, 2005, at 12:47 AM, Dave Foshee wrote:

Hey Everyone!

I want to go on a trip and take a couple of my DVD¹s with me. Anybody know a
free, good program to use? We are driving about 24 hours and will need
something to do to pass the time.

My understanding is that there is no way to legally copy your DVD, even for home use/ backup copy// free speech/whatever rights we used to have. DMCA trumps them. See you in Guantanamo prison camp, you evildoer.

That said, there is a great util, Mac the Ripper, which is perfect for taking DVD movie to your HD for playback on the airplane or driving or whatever. lots of people have positive things to say about it on macupdate.com

www.ripdifferent.com

HTH.

Brian