At 8:47 PM -0700 10/28/05, Sims David wrote:
On Oct 28, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Gary F. Daught wrote:

Greetings. Thanks to the persons who sent me an image of iTunes 1.1. I also found the patch to run iTunes on OS 8.6. The patch appears to have went well, EXCEPT that when I attempt to launch iTunes, I get to the third setup screen and it crashes, returning error type 9 and 11 messages. I increased the memory to iTunes. No help. I can find any contemporary support for the patch. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary F. Daught

Hello,
Did the patch have the information about requiring a minimum version of Quicktime? If my memory serves me, you are required to have a certain version of quicktime for itunes to work in 8.6.
David

I'm going from memory here but I think this patch program had to be applied to the iTunes installer and also to the iTunes application once installed. The patch is applied to the installer to get it to install the software under 8.x and to the application to make it actually work under 8.6.

Then again I could be completely wrong and it was some other program but I'm pretty sure it was iTunes.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA