Here's my 2 cents I upgraded from a 5300 to a G3 Kanga for a whopping $27 US
via the LEM swap list, and am still able to keep all the extras I had from
before (internal expansion bays and external SCSI things like CD burner,
scanner, HDD, modems, printers) and am still able to run the software
without any new purchases, add into that (unsupported) USB, and built in
ethernet and I think for the money spent you would be hard pressed to find a
better situation. Oh yeah, it runs OS 9.1 like a dream.