SNIP

I once bought a 1400c on eBay ($30 + shipping) that came with a 250 MHz G3 upgrade.

Ho-ho, that's almost as good a stroke of luck as mine!

The previous owner didn't knew because he didn't
have the NuPowr extension in the system. I just copied the extension to the Extensions Folder and it showed as intended in the System Profiler. You don't need the extension, as the CPU will work at its stated speed, but the extension enables the cache, making it a little faster, and permits System Profiler to see the upgraded CPU.

Thanks, H.D., that was my next question. I knew it had a cache, but wasn't sure if I needed to do anything to enable it. I've already put the extension in the Extensions folder, so I should be good to go!

Thanks for the input!

Winfidel (although maybe I should change my nickname to G3fidel now...)