James Zeun wrote:

Hi there

I have a lombard 333mhz and it seems now that every time i want to use the machine, i have to press the reset switch round the back first, before pressing the power button. Otherwise it will just sit there with a black screen.

Someone suggested it might be the pram battery, while another said it was a common problem with Lombards running 10.3. Does anyone else had trouble turning on their Lombard laptop?

That sounds like a bad L2 cache. If you'll check the G-books list, I've got a thread on there asking if there are any issues with the Lombards, because I've got one coming in. I remember reading about this one, and I'm enclosing that message.

Quoted from David Rodriguez, G-Books List:

>I am using a Lombard G3 400 with a bad processor L2 cache. I have >been using it with little problem for the last 5 months this way. >There is a hassle that comes with it. Anytime you shut down, you must >first press the reset button before booting. In OS9, you will get an >alert at startup. In OSX, no alerts.

Hope this helps,
Caleb