On Dec 4, 2005, at 12:31 AM, Caleb Cupples wrote:

Tom Wilkinson wrote:
I just bought a 2400c from the Lowendmac swap list. It arrived this
week, in seeming pristine condition. No adapter was included. The
machine booted and ran fine, but the battery began draining.
I found out from the seller that I could use a Duo adapter from my
280c, so I did this. I plugged it in with the machine off and left it.
Several hours later turned it back on and was puzzled to see that
according to the battery icon, the machine was still draining.

Look at the input voltage/amperage ratings on the bottom of your machine and on the power adapter, and make sure they match. If they do and you're having trouble, check the power supply with the source machine. If it works on whatever you pulled it from, it's the machine at fault. If not, it's the adapter.

Hope this helps,
Caleb

The 2400 shipped with a 36W adapter as did the last Duo, the 2300. IIRC the earlier Duos shipped with 25W adapters.