I know that with each release of OS X, Apple has made the operating system faster and more efficient. But at the same time they have been making it more resource-intensive by adding new features everytime.

Which OS (presumably somewhere between 10.2 and 10.3) offers a better speed?

-John

Of those two, the only one that will run on a PowerBook on topic for this list is 10.2.

10.3 still requires a G3 even with XPF, AFAIK.

That said, I don't really notice a speed difference between 10.2 and 10.3 on my 266 MHz Wallstreet (barely upgraded from the 233 I mentioned before). I ended up with 10.3 because it offered a few more features (and I hate the pinstripes in 10.0 - 10.2).

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler