Greetings,

I have recently bought a used PowerBook 165 laptop. It's in fairly good
condition, but I'm having some issues with it.

For one, the system clock runs too fast. I've tried googling around for it, but
couldn't find anything useful. I've also updated the preinstalled System 7.5 to
7.5.5, but it hasn't changed...
Has anyone met this problem? If so, can it be fixed?

Two, the battery is toast. At the first time, it could supply enough power for
3 seconds (I've only tried it out), but now the laptop doesn't even power up if
the battery is connected. For a temporary solution (mostly aesthetic), I've put
some tape on the battery's connectors and plugged it back to its place. I've
found a battery reconditioning app somewhere, but I can't do much about it
without the battery :S
What's going on here? What should I do with it?

Three, the file transfer. I've successfully written Mac images to floppy (I've
done a 7.5.5 upgrade), but I can't transfer files to a Mac formatted floppy.
I've tried Gemxplorer (freezes on my XP computers) and TransMac (throws
errors). What do you use?

Also, I've read somewhere that starting from OS 7.x, a Mac<->PC Transfer
program should be included in the system. So should something for extracting
.sit archives. I've dug through the filesystem, but couldn't find anything
similar. Are they really included in the OS? I mean, would I get these stuff if
I reinstalled OS 7.5 with the images found on the Internet?

And just one last question. Last Sunday, out of nowhere, for a moment the
laptop didn't boot, but showed me a Sad Mac icon with the "F3 Illegal
instruction" error, but after some reboots, it went away. I guess it's not
normal, so I've ran some checks on the HDD, but both Disk First Aid and HD SC
Setup showed no errors. What else can go wrong in a Mac?

Thank you for your time and help,
Zsolt