In a message dated 1/29/06 9:02:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Go into the TCP/IP control panel and select "Ethernet" or "Alternate
Ethernet"
>depending on which one shows up. Then, you should see a drop-down menu with
>"Configure" beside it, in the "Setup" pane. Select "Using DCHP Server"
>from that menu, and that should do it.

Our fellow lister is using OS 7.5.3; I am not sure it uses the same TCP/IP
control panel; he mentioned MacTCP previously.

Anyway, dear 1400 user, when in the MacTCP control panel, with "ethernet"
set, is there some sort of "advanced" button or something? There should be a
way
to set DHCP protocol somewhere in there.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"
Beiges, 'Books and other oddities