At 5:50 PM -0800 2/24/06, Gene Osburn wrote:
Just got a Proxim Orinoco Silver card in a swap. No drivers want to work with it - either in my 1400 or Wallstreet (Orinoco 7.2 and IOXperts). "No 802.11b card present" messages and such; generic icon on desktop, etc. No I.D. or firmware version info in any of the CPs. Did Proxim ever make Orinoco cards that aren't Mac Compatible? Is there a way to flash the firmware so it will work with Mac drivers...?

Orinoco did make a CardBus version that wasn't, AFAIK, Mac compatible. CardBus cards have a metal finger contact strip around the connector. If it's just plain metal all the way from the connector end to the antenna housing then it's not CardBus. Did you try the other card slot? Have you tried the Airport drivers, at least in the WallStreet, I think you have to manually install the software on a 1400.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA