Hello,

the message is not downloaded at all, if I understand Rick right.
I guess PM starts hanging, when downloading the header. Next time, one
connects the message is downloaded as expected.
That also happened to me and I have no glue why, mostly with messages
from some lists. So they even don't contain a html part.

I have 2 theories to offer:
- one of the header records might be too long.
- the network (IP) handler bails due to some error or runs crazy which
might be also the reason, when PM crashes, while checking mail in the
background.

All the best

Matthias

Admilon Consulting GmbH