Hi

I just read this on mac rumours that there is some trojan / virus
circulation. A note of caution to all -

this is the link to that discussion board
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102379

A file called "latestpics.tgz" was posted on a Mac rumors web site
http://www.macrumors.com/ , claiming to be pictures of "MacOS X Leopard"
(an upcoming version of MacOS X, aka "MacOS X 10.5"). It is actually a
Trojan (or arguably, a very non-virulent virus). We'll call it
"Oompa-Loompa" (aka "OSX/Oomp-A") for reasons that will become obvious.

Unless you work for an anti-virus company, please don't email/message me
asking for a copy of this trojan. It's not going to happen.

You cannot be infected by this unless you do all of the following:

1) Are somehow sent (via email, iChat, etc.) or download the
"latestpics.tgz" file

2) Double-click on the file to decompress it

3) Double-click on the resulting file to "open" it

....and then for most users, you must also enter your Admin password.

You cannot simply "catch" the virus. Even if someone does send you the
"latestpics.tgz" file, you cannot be infected unless you unarchive the
file, and then open it.