On a related not about file references, I've noticed over time that PM
has lost file reference integrity. An example: I got pics from a ski trip
from a friend; when I went back to find that picture, PM thought the
enclosure was an html file - clearly wrong. I had to root through the
Attachments folder manually to find the jpg I was looking for. This is
not uncommon with older mail.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Steve

On 5/4/05 at 3:23 PM, PowerMail Engineering ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

>Robert Snyder wrote:
>
>>I have an odd situation where every time I rebuild my mail database,
>>PowerMail opens four, network attached file systems.
>
>This will be fixed in 5.2. PowerMail will no longer try to mount
>networked/removable file systems when verifying attachment references.
>The attachments references are verified (and updated if needed), during
>a compact or a verification of the consistency of the database.
>
>Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer