Evie Leder wrote:

>I imported from Claris Email->Mail->Powermail, and while my attachments
>still are there and linked, PM left them in the Mail Library, did nopt
>copy and move them into PM files.

Mail stores the attachments inside the mail database; when you import to
PowerMail, they are extracted and saved in your PowerMail attachment
folder, which is by default located in the same folder as your PowerMail
database (but you can change its location in the prefs). Are you sure
the attachments are not in this folder?

>Oh, and I seem to have an Applescript called "reattach lost attachments".
>Does anyone know what this does?

If PowerMail have lost the location of an attached file, but the file
still exists on your disk, you can reattach it to the message, but it is
a manual operation, message per message.
PowerMail is supposed to keep track of the attachments even if they have
been dragged outside of the attachment folder. However if you move your
database and attached files to a different disk or machine, the
attachments that have been moved outside of the attachment folder can be
lost, if they have been renamed or modified.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "None of the other POP clients does so much so simply. For serious users
    of e-mailer, the value of PowerMail 4 is excellent even considering the
    free alternatives."
  PowerMail user comment on www.macupdate.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com