I reported a problem between PowerMail, Mac OS 9.1, and my Epson Stylus
740 to PowerMail Engineering back in May 2003 when we were still in
4.1.2, and also posted a note to the list about this issue a few months
later.  I _think_ I resolved the issue on my machine by making sure that
Appletalk was not pointing to my Printer/Modem port, even when turned
off.  I don't recall having seen it under Mac OS 8.6 or 9.0.4.

PB1400/133MHz; 64Mb RAM; MacOS 9.0.4; PM 4.2.1
--
Don V. Zahniser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>