For some reason my screen was black when I returned after leaving the
computer for a few hours and wouldn't light up. I forced the computer to
shut down and restarted.

When I opened PM and Window -> Mail Browser, a Folder List In Tray opened
which was completely blank except for a list of my mail folders on the
left hand side - no columns and no Browser Bar.

Quit PM and reopened with the First Aid and checked the first five boxes.
The Folder List In Tray reappeared the same as before.

Quit again but, while  I was updating this message, a dialog opened
telling me my search indexes needed rebuilding and asked did I want to do
it now. But, by the time I had finished typing, the dialog disappeared.

I reopened PM, this time I did just the requested search index rebuild
with First Aid. The empty Folder List In Tray reappeared.

Quit again. Repaired Disk Permissions. Reopened PM. Same result but,
again, while updating this message, the rebuild search indexes reappeared
(with PM quit??). This time I clicked 'Do It Now' straight away.

This time when I opened PM and Window -> Mail Browser the Mail Browser In
Tray opened normally.

I don't think Repairing Permissions really did anything but does anyone
understand what is going on?

This rigmarole also happened a few days ago.

Thanks,
Frank

-- Frank Mitchell, Scottsdale, Arizona.
PM 5.0.2 on a PPC dual G4 (mirror door) 867 MHz, Mac OS 10.2.8, 768 MB, 60 GB