On 5 July George Slusher wrote:

>It has a fairly simple spam filter that will either
>internally mark suspicious emails or delete them
>automatically. I've chosen to have POPmonitor mark the
>emails, as there are some mistakes (e.g., commercial email
>that I want). I then choose which to delete from the
>server.

I'm stuck with OS 9 and therefore can't use SpamSieve (or PM 5).  I find
that POPmonitor's filters fairly easy to write (they allow regular
expressions) and are surprisingly effective, catching 95+% of the spam
that I get.  I have also used Spamfire but abandoned it as it was not
significantly better than POPmonitor, was very slow and crashed fairly
often because it couldn't get on with several control panels that I find
indispensable.

-- Charles