John R. Hopper wrote:

>When trying to send a message, a dialog box saying "A file error
>occurred", clicking on more info shows Class=file; what=100; when=1;
>err=-50.  This happens twice before being returned to message compose
>window.

This is a file related problem, but I don't see exactly what.
Is she trying to send an attachment? If so, with what encoding/
compression? What's the attachment name?
Check the write permissions in the "Temp Outgoing" folder, into her
PowerMail user folder. Is there some temporary files there?

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "There's a reason Mac users from different countries have chosen this
    very good program. 1) It just works. 2) It's not bloated like some
    other mail applications. 3) And it's better than Mail, the program that
    comes with OS X. Honest. Would I recommend PowerMail? Definitely."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com