On Jun 27, 2004, at 11:36 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

> I have trouble getting used to Regex.  That huge volume of Perl man is
> not exactly easy to read for non native English speaker (excuses,
> excuses...).

You might find Friedel's regex book easier. It's slimmer and, I think,
clearer.

> But I was just interested in (\s|\S).  To me, it looks contradiction.
> How does this work?

It means whitespace or non-whitespace, in other words, any character.

> One another question is that does AppleScript take Regex?

Regex is not built-in. There's an OSAX that adds it to AppleScript:

<http://www.lazerware.com/software.html>

but I think it doesn't work on OS X.

--
Michael Tsai                                 <http://www.c-command.com>