At Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:47:45 -0400 (CET), marmara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I'm searching for a new client to replace eudora. I've been doing a lot
>of homework and narrowed it down to three clients. I hope this list will
>provide me enough information to make my final decision. I look forward to
>learning as much as possible from experienced powermail users.
>
>take care
>
>   James

Well, for starters, as you plan to migrate from Eudora:

PowerMail *do not* put attached files into its database, it lets you have
them placed in any folder of your choice. Thus avoiding you to have a GB
sized database should you receive a lot of (big) attachments.

Eudora used to work that way as well a 100 years ago when I used it, and
perhaps it still does. When I left Eudora for another client, I couldn't
even dream of another way to handle attachments, which meant I soon went
into deep trouble with an impossibly big database. Then I found and
migrated to PowerMail.

As far as I know, PowerMail and Eudora (?) are the only clients handling
attachments this way, so beware if this is an issue for you as well --
then I'd say PowerMail is your only choice if you don't want to stick
with Eudora.

I take it you have read about PowerMail on its web site, and tried out
the trial version, so I will not mention the obvious.

One other thing worth mentioning though, is this list: I've never seen
such active a list. My "PowerMail Discuss" folder have 2936 messages sent
over the past 9 months! People  -- including quite a few power users --
are really helping each other out here, in a much faster and more
thorough way than any tech support I've been in contact with regarding
other software. It's worth a great deal to me.

/Max G