[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>treid to send myself chinese emails from different internet cafe here
>in Taiwan, and often I got a percentage of unreadable messages although
>the message was exactly the same.

Look for the "content-type" field in the full headers of the message. If
it does not specify the charset used, then the message does not conform
to the standard (unless if it contains only ascii characters). The
problem must be reported to the mail client or webmail used to send the
message.
However in PowerMail, you can manually change the charset of such
messages from the Mail menu.

>2 To keep the Chinese encoding to tab delimited files, you suggest to
>change the International preferences to Traditional Chinese, log out,
>open Powermail and export the database. This system works to a certain
>point. Once the dates are set to Traditional Chinese it becomes very
>difficult to convert them into other systems.

When you export to tabulated text, the date format used is MM/DD/YYYY,
and the time format HH:MM:SS, whatever your system language and date/time
format are.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "There is almost nothing that you cannot do with PowerMail. Now that
    it will integrate the OS X address book and OS X spell checking,
    it's going to be one incredible email agent."
  PowerMail user comment on www.macupdate.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com