I have just upgraded my 700MHz iMac to OS X 10.3. Apart from the changes
Apple appears to have introduced to the way permissions and ownerships
are handled all has gone well.

The performance of PM (4.2.1) is definitely better than it was under
10.2.x, especially tasks such as compacting the database etc., are
noticeably quicker. It also appears that PM continues to check mail on an
account, if you use fast user switching to switch to another user ID. Is
this correct, or is it just ultra-fast when you log back into to the
previous account? (Sometimes the volume of new mail seems to be too much
for PM to be accessing mail as the previous ID rotates into view again.)

Mark Smith
--
Mark Smith (The Red Whales Rool)
Selected Japanese match reports and league tables.