Scott, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>>I disagree.  My PowerMail database is pretty big (150mb).  I don't find
>>it slow at all, running a TiBook 500 with 512mb RAM in OSX Panther.  I
>>don't save every message that comes in, but I do save anything that I
>>think I might want to reference someday.  PowerMail's search capabilities
>>are very very fast, and it's great that I do NOT have to deal with
>>exporting, storing, or searching in a second application or location.
>
>Allow me to second this opinion with great vigor.  I'm at 122MB and PM
>blazes (PowerBook 1GB/17", 1GB mem).  I've never seen any search engine
>work this fast on this much info before in my life.  It's even faster
>than Eudora was, and that was my previous gold standard.

And allow me to third this opinion. However, PM *is* faster with nothing
or very little in it.
But as one of the point of an email application is to store your email, I
refuse to bend for some loss of performance. If it's too slow the user
should A) get more RAM, much more perhaps B) get a faster CPU and/or
faster drive, or C) inform CTM that in the users opinion PM could be made
to work faster and more effectively than in its current state.
I don't have a problem with PMs speed really, except for when checking
mail. But I expect CTM to fix that problem when and if they can. I still
think PM is the best mail client for me on Mac OS X.

PM 4.2.1 | OS X 10.2.6 | Powerbook G3/266 | 128 MB RAM | 20 GB HD