Dear discussion group:

I'm a former user of Emailer and I recently purchased Powermail.  I am
very happy with it, on the whole.  I use an iMac DV Special Edition, 400
mhz, System 9.2.2, 128 Mb RAM.

I managed to import several thousand of my Emailer messages into
Powermail, using the database import feature, "Migration from Claris
Emailer (messages and addresses)".

This took a LOOOONG time, spread over several nights.  It was very messy,
because each morning the job was unfinished, and I had to go through my
Emailer message folders and manually delete the messages that had already
gone to Powermail, so that they wouldn't be imported a second time.

I still have several thousand messages in Emailer that I need to import
to Powermail.  I am looking for a better way to do this.

One thing I should mention.  All my Claris Emailer files are on a
Powerbook 1400 which is connected to the iMac by Ethernet.  The Emailer's
Mail Database is corrupted, so that I can't copy it as a file, or move it
or do anything to it.  But I can launch the Emailer program and see all
the messages.

What I have been doing lately is manually "redirecting" Emailer messages
on the Powerbook to my email address so that they arrive in Powermail.
But this also is taking forever.

I have noticed some instructions for doing this a faster way that involve
using Applescript.  The instructions call for using scripts.  I have
never used this feature before.  And can't figure out how to use it,
either.   (I am not a computer person. )

So I was wondering if someone could give me step-by-step instructions for
how to get those remaining Emailer messages into Powermail.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Riva Freifeld
New York, NY
USA