On Tue, Nov 11, 2003,  it is attributed to John Snippe to have said:

>Separate pop accounts (off the same server, but with different domain
values).

>There is no issue with this in Eudora, if that makes any sense, and the
>values are the same in both applications (I still use Eudora for my spam-
>attractive accounts).

Jerome is a hero, y'all!

He and I worked over my issue ever since mid-last week (several off-list
posts, and I sent him a lot of data):  and all to discover that I have
chronic intellectual fatigue.

This morning he sent me a list of possibilities, and:

As it turns out, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way PowerMail
was handling my two accounts... from it's POV there was only one, because
I had set my EIMS mailserver to automatically forward any incoming
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mail directly to my [EMAIL PROTECTED] account.  As soon as I
disabled that automation, the problem evaporated.

Needless to say, I feel more than a little bit foolish at the moment.

--
later,
      JS

<!--   Comments above are attributed to  the sender.
         There is no knowing his state of mind at the time he wrote it.
          React accordingly.   -->

             I am a Man.
               I can change
                  if I have to,