Michael Tsai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 11:37  PM, Janusz Buda wrote:
>
>> Ever since updating to PowerMail 4.2 and SpamSieve 2.0 the PM filters
>> have been setting about 90% of incoming mail (both spam and good) to
>> Label Priority No. 7, with no recognizable pattern.
>>
>> I noticed that the SpamSieve 'label if spam' script has No. 7 as the
>> default, but my PM filter is definitely set to 'move if spam'.
>
>"Move If Spam" also labels spam messages with priority 7. I'm not using
>PM 4.2 yet, as I have not been able to connect to CTM's site. How did
>you upgrade to SpamSieve 2.0? Did you retrain with both kinds of
>messages?

Let me see -- I replaced both application and scripts, allowed SpamSieve
to update the corpus, then reset it. I then imported some seed spam and
retrained with a few dozen good/bad messages to the corpus.

I'm having no problems whatsoever with the spam filtering. What's unusual
is that most of my incoming mail is being set to priority 7, irrespective
of whether it's good or spam.

Your message, for example, was correctly filtered to my 'Powermail'
folder, but set to priority 7.

By the way, it's an unexpected pleasure to correspond with the author of
SpamSieve. A great piece of software!

- Jud -