It works as an email proxy so your mail passes through it on the way to
PM.  You need to set up at least two buckets (as they are called) -- at
least a spam and no spam option and then you use a local web page hosted
by your system to tweak the ratings.  I use six buckets and I am well
above 90% accuracy.