On Fri, Apr 4, 2003, Marlyse Comte said:

>why is it a problem to use the apple script 'delete aged messages'?
>
>just curious.

Marlyse,

I use this applescript but there are 2 problems that need to be overcome
by PM for it to be truly effective.

1. PM needs to be able to run a scheduled applescript. (every x
minute(s)/hours/days, startup, shutdown).

2. PM needs some way to plow through all the hidden messages of a folder
when the "View Unread" option is checked. Currently, the "Delete Aged
Messages" script will not delete any hidden messages. That severely
limits it's utility.

I do not think the above are limitations of the script, I think they are
limitations of PM. Perhaps something needs to be added to the AppleScript
Dictionary to change the view status of a folder and then to change it
back after the script is run.

--
Andy Fragen
TiBook 400/384 RAM - OS X 10.2.4 - PowerMail v4.1.2