Jonathan Greene on 3/12/03 said

>Move to next unread message needs to work regardless of which way the
>column is sorted.  I prefer new messages at top, but want to quickly read
>and delete as they come in, which means for now, I have to sort mail the
>other way.

I've sorted every column in both orders [triangle up and triangle down]
and space bar single key read works to go to the next unread message
every time. Of course it goes from the top of the list to the bottom of
the list.

Using delete of course is  not the same as single key space bar read. You
do have preferences checked for go to next message after moving to trash?
Under General, Shortcuts? Then it doesn't even matter if the mail is read
or unread, just that it's in the window. [ie if your view isn't view all,
it's not going to go to some message that is not showing in the list window.]

--
Barbara Needham